Building the Oven's Walls
- Place cobs around the firebricks.
- Once level with the firebricks, lay more cobs in a radial pattern, placing the inside face of the cobs on the line. (Refer the diagram)
- Continue laying the cobs, packing them into each other firmly, and bringing the walls in gradually with each new layer.
- Smooth the inner walls with water on your hand. It is not necessary to smooth the outer walls as they will be covered over later.
- Don't be shy about pushing a cob wall into a better shape. Ensure that it is leaning in slightly more with each round of cob.
< Prev- Installing the Firestone Pizza Oven ArchNext - Filling with the Pizza Oven with Sand >
- Build the cob up around the door arch as you go.
- When the walls are 250 to 300 mm high and the arch has been cobbed over, move to the next step.