Mixing up Cob
- To approximately 4 litres of water gradually mix in 1 bag of Cob using a large container like a kids swimming pool, bathtub or wheelbarrow.
- If you are using your own clay click here for more info the correct clay mix
- Continue to stir until there are no dry bits of cob left, adding more water if necessary.
- Spread out the piece of shadecloth on the ground.
- Tip cob mix into a pile on the shadecloth.
- On top of the cob mix place roughly an equal volume of straw.
- Stomp around on the straw and cob until the straw is well covered in cob.
- Roll the shadecloth over to form the cob back into a pile, and continue stomping on it.
< Prev- Marking where the Pizza Oven will SitNext - Forming the Cob into Bricks >
- After a few minutes, once the straw is mixed in well, your mix is ready to form into cobs.