Setting up Site for Building Pizza Oven
Setting up your site properly will make building your oven much easier.
- First separate the materials into Sand, Cob, Bricks, Door and Straw.
- It is easiest to work backwards from where you are going to build your oven.
- Decide on somewhere very close to the oven, about a metre square where you can stock pile completed cobs.
- Set up a sturdy cob building table, ideally somewhere shady about 2 metres away, a tarp might be good.
- Lay down your piece of shade cloth, on the closest flat grassy place.
- Put the two bales of straw next to the shade cloth.
- Put your tub, wheel barrow, or dig a hole next to the shade cloth. And run a hose, so you can mix the cob and water. Put your shovel down here.
- Put your Cob bags, next to the tub, so you can break them into the tub easily.
- You will need to dampen the sand, before you use it to form the mould. Try and do this as close as possible to the oven, as it is quite heavy.
- Put the door and the bricks next to the oven base, you will need them first.
This diagram maps the process from the kit to the oven.
< Prev- Enlisting HelpersNext - Marking where the Pizza Oven will Sit >