Filling with the Pizza Oven with Sand
- When the walls are approximately 250-300mm high you will to fill up your oven with damp sand.
- Put your sand into a wheelbarrow or other large vessel and wet the sand down.
- Start filling the oven with the sand. Place the measuring stick into the sand and continue filling until the top of the sand is at the height of the stick.
- Mould sand into a ball-like shape as in the pictures and diagrams. This will be the shape of the inside of your oven.
- Once you are happy with the shape of the sand lay some wet newspaper over it.
- Recommence laying the cobs around the oven as before, except now using the sand to support the cobs as you build.
< Prev- Building the Oven's WallsNext - Building the Chimney >
- As you get towards the end, the angle that the cobs are laying at will increase until the last few are sitting almost vertically.